- The development of the English Medieval Society
- Concentrating on areas such as health and disease, the Black Death, rural and urban life etc.
- The development and change of English rulers and Monarchs
- Including areas such as the Romans, the Norman Conquest, and The Tudors
- Assessment is by regular common assessment tasks.
The course follows three main strands:
POLITICAL CHANGES ? looking at the changing power of monarchy, civil wars, relationships of Crown, Parliament and Peoples. SOCIAL CHANGES ? change in the town and countryside. The different groups in society are studied in terms of wealth, lifestyle and culture: the changing role of women; trade and the impact of overseas expansion etc. RELIGIOUS CHANGES ? religious changes and the tensions in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
Assessment is by regular common tasks and throughout the year.
Students cover many topics within History that build upon prior knowledge and skills.