Charging and Remissions Policy
The school recognises the valuable contribution that the wide range of additional activities, including trips, clubs and residential experiences can make towards pupils’ education.
To make school activities accessible to pupils regardless of family income.
To provide a process which allows activities to take place at a minimum cost to parents, pupils and the school and which acknowledges the cost of such activities to the school?s budget.
The school reserves the right to make a charge in the following circumstances for activities organised by the school:
- Residential Activities taking place largely during school hours.
- The full cost to each pupil of board and lodging.
- Activities outside School Hours.
- The full cost to each pupil of all approved activities deemed to be optional extras that are not a necessary part of the national curriculum.
- Individual Instrumental Tuition.
- The full cost to the pupil for providing any instrumental tuition if the cost is not an essential part of the national curriculum or examination syllabus.
- Wilful damage to equipment or property.
The school recognises its responsibility to ensure that the offer of activities and educational visits does not place an unnecessary burden on family finances. To this end the school will adhere to the following guidelines wherever possible:
- Trips and visits will be published at least one month in advance.
- A system exists for parents to pay in instalments.
- When an opportunity for a trip arises at short notice it will be possible to arrange to pay by